Choosing a Catholic High School is a family decision that starts and ends with you, the parent. Along with reaping the benefits from your child’s educational experience, there are several highlights that parents of Catholic High School students also come to appreciate! So… what’s in it for you?
Here are 5 things you will gain as a parent:
● Peace of mind. Sending your child off to high school can be nerve wracking. When you send them to a Catholic High School, you can rest assured that they are in the absolute best hands. Along with the one-on-one attention they receive from our teachers, they will also feel a strong sense of belonging with similarly motivated peers.
● Making friends with similar goals. Making friends at a new school isn’t only for the students! Catholic High School parents often form lifelong bonds with each other, too. It’s easy to do when you are surrounded by a community of families who share the same goals for their children’s futures.
● Open communication with a supportive staff. Because of our small class sizes, teachers and staff at Catholic High Schools have a personal relationship with all of their students. If your child is struggling with the curriculum or needs extra attention in certain areas, you will be made aware of any and all issues regarding your child’s education. Parents are also encouraged to have an open line of communication with the school to solve any problems that may arise – even outside of the classroom.
● Excitement for your child’s future. Catholic High Schools of Western New York are proud of our 99% graduation rate, as well as the fact that 98% of our graduating students choose to continue their education beyond high school. These rates speak for themselves, but are largely attributed to the students we retain and the parents who inspire and encourage their children along their educational journey!
● Opportunities for community involvement. Both Catholic School students and parents thrive with involvement in school activities, extracurriculars, and community efforts. From chaperoning school functions to organizing fund drives, we can provide you with ways to increase your involvement as much or as little as you desire.
Community. Respect. Belonging. It’s important to have the entire family excited for the opportunities that await at Catholic High Schools! To learn more about our schools, please visit one of our upcoming open houses and mark your calendar for the 2018 Entrance Exam on November 17, 2018.
Upcoming Open Houses:
BISHOP TIMON – ST. JUDE HIGH SCHOOL All Boys
Sept. 25 (6-8pm) • Sept. 26 (6-8pm)
BUFFALO ACADEMY OF THE SACRED HEART All Girls
Sept. 27 (5-7pm) • Sept. 30 (11am-1:30pm)
CANISIUS HIGH SCHOOL All Boys
Sept. 30 (9:30am-12:30pm) • Oct. 1 (5:30-7:30pm)
MT. MERCY ACADEMY All Girls
Sept. 23 (1pm-3pm) • Sept. 24 (5-7pm)
NARDIN ACADEMY All Girls
Sept. 30 (10am-1pm) • Oct. 1 (5-7pm)
ST. JOSEPH’S COLLEGIATE INSTITUTE All Boys
Oct. 14 (10am-2pm) • Oct. 15 (5-7pm)
ST. FRANCIS HIGH SCHOOL All Boys
Sept. 30 (10am-12pm) • Oct. 1 (5:30-7pm)
MOUNT SAINT MARY ACADEMY All Girls
Sept. 30 (12-3pm) • Oct. 1 (6-8pm)
ST. MARY’S HIGH SCHOOL Co-ed
Sept. 20 (5-8pm) • Sept. 21 (5-7pm)
CARDINAL O’HARA HIGH SCHOOL Co-ed
Sept. 30 (9am-12pm)